Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Did You Know?-Part 2

As you will notice in this video, there are some facts that our revisited.  However this video is shorter than Did You Know 2.0.  As I watch this video, I can relate some of these facts to myself.
  • I have been with my current employer for less than 1 year.
  • The longest I've been with a single school organization is 4 years and I've been in education for 11 years.
  • I don't have a MySpace account, however I do have a Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Delicious accounts.
  • I'm a heavy Google user!




What's missing from this video is the educational impact this information implies.  I don't believe as educators we need to be ahead of the information explosion (besides, I don't think its possible).  Instead of jumping on the educational technology bandwagon, buying the latest and greatest devices and bringing them into the classroom, we need to keep it simple!  I encourage you to pick only the tools that would make you better at the things you already do.  I started my educational tech journey with Delicious, a social bookmarking program.  I love it because it's so simple and easy to use, and now I can't hardly function without it.

So what about you? What are you going to start with?  It can be Google Docs or Google Calendar.  It can be Facebook, a wiki, or blog.  But whatever you decide, remember to keep it simple!  Pick one thing, stick with it, and use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment